The GP JOULE Windsurf World Cup Sylt 2013 inspired by Think Blue. takes place from the 27th of September till the 6th of October at the "Brandenburger Strand" in Westerland/Sylt.
The Windsurf World Cup Sylt ist the only event within the PWA World Tour that has the status of a Super Grand Slam. Just here the world elite of the surfer scene matches in three disciplines - Waveriding, Freestyle and Slalom - and compete for a total prize money of 105.000 €. *
The Windsurf World Cup Sylt is the only stop of the PWA World Tour in Germany. Within the contest the riders collect important world cup points. In 2013 Sylt is the last tour stop for the disciplines Freestyle and Slalom and so the PWA World Champion will be awarded here.
The wave riders will have to compete once more in Chile, where the last stop of the PWA World Tour 2013 takes place in the end of November.**
- Date: 27th of September - 6th of October 2013
- Location: Sylt, Westerland (Germany)
- Status: Super Grand Slam
- Competition in three disciplines: waveriding, freestyle and slalom
- worlds biggest windsurf event
- more than 200.000 spectators
- international windsurf elite
- total prize money: 105.000 €
* execution of the contests depend on wind- and weather-conditions
**state: January 2012, subject to modifications